Wherein we discuss Ergonomics, stupid internet arguments, how not to be a dick at meetups when correcting a presenter, tech savvy internet celebrities and the surgery channel.
- Jared and Gregg discuss the semi-colon bike shed debate
- The guys talk about workspace ergonomics and how getting the right mouse and keyboard is the most important thing. John prefers the “Natural” style keyboards, currently he’s using a Logitech Natural Keyboard
- Jared recently bought a Sidewinder x4 and a Cyborg R.A.T. 5 and he loves them
- The best thing that Jared has bought for his desk is his keyboard tray, however Jared wants the chair from Grandma’s Boy
- Jared describes his new hobby, leaving one word voice mail messages for people that don’t pick up their phones
- The guys discuss a custom Guild Wars 2 mod case which leads to a discussion about CNC machines and very nerdy hardware stuff. Jared recalls his early experiences with overclocking and how water cooling has advanced in the past 15 years.
- Jared pitches an idea for a new segment and it’s not met with much enthusiasm.
- Jared talks about being that guy at local meetup groups. Jared felt like he was being that guy at a meetup he and John attended before the podcast. We mention the blog post “Why you shouldn’t invite Yehuda Katz to your user group meeting” by Pam Selle (friend of the program).
- For the record, Jared is not a raging dick at meetups. It’s somewhat safe to invite him.
- John can’t whisper, a fact we learned at NECC
- The guys discuss proper eye-ware cleaning procedures and habits.
- John has incredibly long eyelashes. Please compliment him on these the next time you see him, or tweet him!
- John found this video: “Round Eye Envy“, Japanese people may have odd eye products but their concerts kick ass!
- Jared talks about a local TV channel that used to show surgeries, uncensored, on television.
- Follow us on Twitter: Gregg Nakamura, John Bubriski, Chris Jennings, Mark Sloop and myself, Jared Barboza, and also follow the official ThePullRequest account!
- We have a google+ page so follow us there too!
- If you have any ideas for the show, let us know either through twitter, google+ or comments!